ATLANTA, Ga. (January 31, 2020) — AAA urges Super Bowl fans to stay in the game of life by not driving impaired. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2018, there were 10,511 fatalities in motor vehicle traffic crashes involving drunk drivers. AAA reminds motorists to take steps ahead of time to avoid driving impaired.
“There is no such thing as a responsible impaired driver, said Montrae Waiters, spokeswoman, AAA-The Auto Club Group. “Impaired driving fatalities can be prevented by planning ahead and choosing a sober ride home, such as a designated driver. Drivers who get behind the wheel while intoxicated risk both their life and the lives of other motorists on the road.”
Since its inception in 1998,Tow to Go has removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and Midwest. A program of AAA – The Auto Club Group, it reminds party-goers of the importance to plan ahead by choosing a designated driver, staying where you are celebrating, or arranging for another form of safe transportation such as AAA’s Tow to Go program.
Tow to Go Service Areas
Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Indiana (Fort Wayne and South Bend only)
(855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246
- Friday, January 31 (6 p.m.) – Monday, February 3 (6 a.m.)
- Confidential local ride to a safe location within a 10 miles radius.
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home.
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members.
- Based on the availability of AAA drivers and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.
- If you are hosting a party, please do so responsibly. Check out theGreat Pretenders Party GuideVisitAAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2020.
- Tow trucks can usually transport up to two people in the cab of the truck. If there are more people in your party, you will need to make other arrangements to get them home safely.
- You can’t make an appointment to use Tow to Go. It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead. Always choose a Designated Driver before celebrating.
- In some situations, AAA may need to make other arrangements to get an impaired individual a safe ride home